Technical Exploration Classes
for Adults with Autism
A group class for adults with autism who have completed high school.
Members of this class will work independently or with a partner on projects, chosen by the learner from one or more of the CORE’s STEM discipline areas. Sessions will be supervised by a facilitator trained to assist students with learning differences. Class members will also have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of the work they have done for the class and take home the final project on a CD.
- Topics include: robotics, circuitry, digital communications, computer graphics, software engineering, programming, game design, and more
- Session days: Tuesday and Thursday (choose 1 or both days)
- Session times: 9 - 11am
- Meet year-round, observing national & Rockwall ISD holidays
- Enroll at any time, even in the middle of a month (tuition will be prorated)
- Pre-arranged absences can be made up on the last Friday of the month, 9 - 11am
- 1 day/week option: $200
- 2 day/week option: $375
To benefit from this program, class members should have the ability to communicate verbally and be able to work in a small group setting (without the need for a one-on-one instructor for behavior, safety, or instruction).
The registration process starts with filling out our Adult Session Intake Form, followed by an interview. Upon agreement that this is a good match for the young adult, a start date will be decided and the first month’s tuition will be due.
Fill out the form below to set up an Adult Session Intake Interview.
We will call to finalize the time for your interview. Thank you for considering the CORE, we look forward to meeting you.